Best 100 Christmas n New Year Quotes
I got near about 100 christmas n new year quotes for our user to share among friends & family. As you all know christmas is coming send your friends joyful christmas n new year greetings card & christmas n new year wishes. Also we have christmas n new year wallpapers, which you can use for your desktop background purpose. Read best christmas n new year quotes below listed, almost 100 chrismas eve related quotes are their. Checkout few food & desert recipes for christmas party.
CHRISTMAS n NEW YEAR QUOTES IMG: MERCENIE
Best Christmas Quotes
1. Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful.
– Norman Vincent Peale
2. Christmas is a time when you get homesick — even when you’re home.
– Carol Nelson
3. He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree.
– Roy L. Smith
4. I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shutup hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys.
– Charles Dickens
5. I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
– Charles Dickens
6. Which Christmas is the most vivid to me? It’s always the next Christmas.
– Joanne Woodward
7. One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don’t clean it up too quickly.
– Andy Rooney
8. In the old days, it was not called the Holiday Season; the Christians called it “Christmas” and went to church; the Jews called it “Hanukka” and went to synagogue; the atheists went to parties and drank. People passing each other on the street would say “Merry Christmas!” or “Happy Hanukka!” or (to the atheists) “Look out for the wall!”
– Dave Barry, “Christmas Shopping: A Survivor’s Guide”
9. There has been only one Christmas — the rest are anniversaries.
– W.J. Cameron
10. Twas Christmas broach’d the mightiest ale;
Twas Christmas told the merriest tale;
A Christmas gambol oft could cheer The poor man’s heart through half the year.
– Walter Scott
11. At Christmas, all roads lead home.
– Marjorie Holmes
12. Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.
– Laura Ingalls Wilder
13. May Peace be your gift at Christmas and your blessing all year through!
– Author Unknown
14. Christmas is the gentlest, loveliest festival of the revolving year — and yet, for all that, when it speaks, its voice has strong authority.
– W.J. Cameron
15. Love is what’s in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen.
– Author unknown, attributed to a 7 year old named Bobby
16. Christmas is the season for kindling the fire of hospitality in the hall, the genial flame of charity in the heart.
– Washington Irving
17. Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas.
– Peg Bracken
18. Isn’t it funny that at Christmas something in you gets so lonely for — I don’t know what exactly, but it’s something that you don’t mind so much not having at other times. ~Kate L. Bosher
19. I heard the bells on Christmas Day Their old, familiar carols play, And wild and sweet The words repeat of peace on earth, goodwill to men!
– Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
20. Instead of being a time of unusual behavior, Christmas is perhaps the only time in the year when people can obey their natural impulses and express their true sentiments without feeling selfconscious and, perhaps, foolish. Christmas, in short, is about the only chance a man has to be himself.
– Francis C. Farley
21. It is Christmas in the heart that puts Christmas in the air.
– W.T. Ellis
22. For centuries men have kept an appointment with Christmas. Christmas means fellowship, feasting, giving and receiving, a time of good cheer, home.
– W.J. Ronald Tucker
23. Christmas is forever, not for just one day, for loving, sharing, giving, are not to put away like bells and lights and tinsel, in some box upon a shelf. The good you do for others is good you do yourself…
– Norman Wesley Brooks (U.S. design engineer, 1923–2002)
24. Christmas is a time when kids tell Santa what they want and adults pay for it. Deficits are when adults tell the government what they want and their kids pay for it.
– Richard Lamm
25. Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love!
– Hamilton Wright Mabie
26. Never worry about the size of your Christmas tree. In the eyes of children, they are all 30 feet tall.
– Larry Wilde, The Merry Book of Christmas
27. When we were children we were grateful to those who filled our stockings at Christmas time. Why are we not grateful to God for filling our stockings with legs?
– G.K. Chesterton
28. I wish we could put up some of the Christmas spirit in jars and open a jar of it every month.
– Harlan Miller
29. Christmas is the day that holds all time together.
– Alexander Smith
30. From a commercial point of view, if Christmas did not exist it would be necessary to invent it.
– Katharine Whitehorn
31. Happy, happy Christmas, that can win us back to the delusions of our childish days; that can recall to the old man the pleasures of his youth; that can transport the sailor and the traveller, thousands of miles away, back to his own fireside and his quiet home!
– Charles Dickens, The Pickwick Papers
32. The earth has grown old with its burden of care, But at Christmas it always is young….
– Phillips Brooks
33. Christmas is for children. But it is for grownups too. Even if it is a headache, a chore, and nightmare, it is a period of necessary defrosting of chill and hide bound hearts.
– Lenora Mattingly Weber
34. Sing hey! Sing hey! For Christmas Day; Twine mistletoe and holly. For a friendship glows In winter snows, And so let’s all be jolly!
– Author Unknown
35. To perceive Christmas through its wrapping becomes more difficult with every year.
– E.B. White, “The Distant Music of the Hounds”, The Second Tree from the Corner, 1954
36. Oh, for the good old days when people would stop Christmas shopping when they ran out of money.
– Author Unknown
37. I can understand people simply fleeing the mountainous effort Christmas has become… but there are always a few saving graces and finally they make up for all the bother and distress.
– May Sarton
38. Fail not to call to mind, in the course of the twentyfifth of this month, that the Divinest Heart that ever walked the earth was born on that day; and then smile and enjoy yourselves for the rest of it; for mirth is also of Heaven’s making.
39. If “ifs” and “buts” were candy and nuts, wouldn’t it be a Merry Christmas?
– Don Meredith
40. Christmas is a necessity. There has to be at least one day of the year to remind us that we’re here for something else besides ourselves.
– Eric Sevareid
41. Were I a philosopher, I should write a philosophy of toys, showing that nothing else in life need to be taken seriously, and that Christmas Day in the company of children is one of the few occasions on which men become entirely alive.
– Robert Lynd
42. I love the Christmastide, and yet, I notice this, each year I live; I always like the gifts I get, But how I love the gifts I give!
– Carolyn Wells
43. There is a remarkable breakdown of taste and intelligence at Christmastime. Mature, responsible grown men wear neckties made of holly leaves and drink alcoholic beverages with raw egg yolks and cottage cheese in them.
– P.J. O’Rourke
44. Christmas is not a time or a season but a state of mind. To cherish peace and good will, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas.
– Calvin Coolidge, 1927
45. When Christmas bells are swinging above the fields of snow, we hear sweet voices ringing from lands of long ago, and etched on vacant places are half forgotten faces of friends we used to cherish, and loves we used to know.
– Ella Wheeler Wilcox
46. At Christmastide the open hand Scatters its bounty o’er sea and land, And none are left to grieve alone, For Love is heaven and claims its own.
– Margaret Elizabeth Sangster
47. The one thing women don’t want to find in their stockings on Christmas morning is their husband.
– Joan Rivers
48. The Supreme Court has ruled that they cannot have a nativity scene in Washington, D.C. This wasn’t for any religious reasons. They couldn’t find three wise men and a virgin.
– Jay Leno
49. Remember This December, That love weighs more than gold!
– Josephine Dodge Daskam Bacon
50. The worst gift is a fruitcake. There is only one fruitcake in the entire world, and people keep sending it to each other.
– Johnny Carson
51. Let Christmas not become a thing Merely of merchant’s trafficking, Of tinsel, bell and holly wreath And surface pleasure, but beneath The childish glamour, let us find Nourishment for soul and mind. Let us follow kinder ways Through our teeming human maze, And help the age of peace to come From a Dreamer’s martyrdom.
– Madeline Morse
52. Have yourself a merry little Christmas, make the Yuletide gay.
– Ralph Blane
53. It is good to be children sometimes, and never better than at Christmas when its mighty Founder was a child Himself.
– Charles Dickens
54. I once bought my kids a set of batteries for Christmas with a note on it saying, toys not included.
– Bernard Manning
55. Next to a circus there ain’t nothing that packs up and tears out faster than the Christmas spirit.
– Kin Hubbard
56. We ring the bells and we raise the strain We hang up garlands everywhere And bid the tapers twinkle fair, And feast and frolic — and then we go Back to the same old lives again.
– Susan Coolidge
57. I never believed in Santa Claus because I knew no white dude would come into my neighborhood after dark.
– Dick Gregory
58. I’m dreaming of a white Christmas, Just like the ones I used to know, Where the tree tops glisten And children listen To hear sleigh bells in the snow…
– Irving Berlin
59. Mail your packages early so the post office can lose them in time for Christmas.
– Johnny Carson
60. Even as an adult I find it difficult to sleep on Christmas Eve. Yuletide excitement is a potent caffeine, no matter your age.
– Terri Guillemets
61. Christmas is a day of meaning and traditions, a special day spent in the warm circle of family and friends.
– Margaret Thatcher
62. Christmas — that magic blanket that wraps itself about us, that something so intangible that it is like a fragrance. It may weave a spell of nostalgia. Christmas may be a day of feasting, or of prayer, but always it will be a day of remembrance — a day in which we think of everything we have ever loved.
– Augusta E. Rundel
63. ‘Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house Not a creature was stirring, — not even a mouse: The stockings were hung by the chimney with care, In hopes that St Nicholas soon would be there…. – Clement Clarke Moore
64. Christmas in Bethlehem. The ancient dream: a cold, clear night made brilliant by a glorious star, the smell of incense, shepherds and wise men falling to their knees in adoration of the sweet baby, the incarnation of perfect love.
– Lucinda Franks
65. Oh! lovely voices of the sky Which hymned the Saviour’s birth, Are ye not singing still on high, Ye that sang, “Peace on earth”?
– Felicia Hemans
Best New Year Quotes
66. I would say happy new year but it’s not happy; it’s exactly the same as last year except colder. ― Robert Clark
67. Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right.
― Oprah Winfrey
68. May the New Year bring you courage to break your resolutions early! My own plan is to swear off every kind of virtue, so that I triumph even when I fall! ― Aleister Crowley, Moonchild
69. Every time you tear a leaf off a calendar, you present a new place for new ideas and progress.
– Charles Kettering
70. Write it on your heart that everyday is the best day in the year.
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
71. Hope Smiles from the threshold of the year to come, Whispering ‘it will be happier’…
– Alfred Tennyson
72. Let this coming year be better than all the others. Vow to do some of the things you have always wanted to do but could not find the time. Call up a forgotten friend. Drop an old grudge, and replace it with some pleasant memories. Vow not to make a promise you do not think you can keep. Walk tall, and smile more. You will look 10 years younger. Do not be afraid to say, I love you. Say it again. They are the sweetest words in the world.
– Ann Landers
73. May all your troubles last as long as your New Year’s resolutions.
– Joey Adams
74. We meet today/ To thank Thee for the era done, And Thee for the opening one.
– John Greenleaf Whittier
75. We spend January 1 walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives… not looking for flaws, but for potential.
– Ellen Goodman
76. The Old Year has gone. Let the dead past bury its own dead. The New Year has taken possession of the clock of time. All hail the duties and possibilities of the coming twelve months!
– Edward Payson Powell
77. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
– Mark Twain
78. As years passed away I have formed the habit of looking back upon that former self as upon another person, the remembrance of whose emotions has been a solace in adversity and added zest to the enjoyment of prosperity.
– Simon Newcomb
79. I have no way of knowing how people really feel, but the vast majority of those I meet couldn’t be nicer. Every once in a while someone barks at me. My New Year’s resolution is not to bark back.
– Tucker Carlson
80. Glory to God in highest heaven, Who unto man His Son hath given; While angels sing with tender mirth, A glad new year to all the earth.
– Martin Luther
81. A new year brings not only happiness, it makes us happy with a hope to fulfill our dreamz or a new beginning of our life. So, a new year is very special to everyone.
– Santonu Kumar Dhar
82. A happy New Year! Grant that I May bring no tear to any eye When this New Year in time shall end Let it be said I’ve played the friend, Have lived and loved and labored here, And made of it a happy year.
– Edgar Guest
83. May the New Year bring you courage to break your resolutions early. My own plan is to swear off every kind of virtue, so that I triumph even when I fall.
– Aleister Crowley
84. For eleven months and maybe about twenty days each year, we concentrate upon the shortcomings of others, but for a few days at the turn of New Year we look at our own. It is a good habit.
– Arthur H. Sulzberger
85. Let our New Years resolution be this, we will be there for one another as fellow members of humanity, in the finest sense of the word.
– Goran Persson
86. Let the brand New Year discovers you fresher, happier, healthier, more joyful, more cheerful and more satisfied. Here is wishing you a Happy New Year.
87. Every stage in life has its own beauty. Do not rust your past in cribbing, do not tarnish your present in ignorance, never spoil pollute your future with worries. Happy New Year.
88. Always remember that whatever we do or did for others, will always come back and you will be repaid for all your DOINGS. If you will do GOOD of OTHERS, U will be awarded with GOODY GOODY Things. BUT if YOU will do BAD of OTHERS, then in that case only GOD KNOWS about YOUR FUTURE SO BEWARE.
89. May the coming new year take away all the tears and unhappiness and shower you with all the love and happiness. All the best for a lovely new year.
90. It’s the year of cakes and candles, new songs, celebration and decoration, laughter and love. Wishing you a lovely 2015 that brings with it great love and luck for you. Happy new year!
91. Begin another new chapter and remember that you have 365 days to make every page of the chapter worth remembering when you finish the year.
92. Another year is right here, Welcome it and forget your fears, Hold a can of your favorite beer, And shout out with your friends, cheers!
93. Each new day is a blank page in the diary of your life. The secret of success is in turning that diary into the best story you possibly can. I wish you Happy New Year and diary full of best stories ever written in your life.
94. Be Content with what you have rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you. Happy New Year.
95. Whether we want them or not the New year will bring challenges,whether we sieze them or not the New year will bring new opportunities. Happy 2015.
96. Christmas can be celebrated in the school room with pine trees, tinsel and reindeers, but there must be no mention of the man whose birthday is being celebrated. One wonders how a teacher would answer if a student asked why it was called Christmas. ― Ronald Reagan
97. “I need a weapon,” Valkyrie muttered. “You’re an Elemental with a Necromancer ring, trained in a variety of martial arts by some of the best fighters in the world,” Skulduggery pointed out. “I’m fairly certain that makes you a weapon.” “I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword… I want a stick.” “I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” ― Derek Landy, Mortal Coil
98. Mistletoe,” said Luna dreamily, pointing at a large clump of white berries placed almost over Harry’s head. He jumped out from under it. “Good thinking,” said Luna seriously. “It’s often infested with nargles. ― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
99. One can never have enough socks,” said Dumbledore. “Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn’t get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books. ― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
100. Ever since the Christmas of ’53, I have felt that the yuletide is a special hell for those families who have suffered any loss or who must admit to any imperfection; the so-called spirit of giving can be as greedy as receiving–Christmas is our time to be aware of what we lack, of who’s not home. ― John Irving, A Prayer for Owen Meany
I hope you enjoy all the qoutes listed above, share these christmas n new year quotes among friends & comment below about our christmas n new year quotes collection, i hope you loved it. If you have any make it listed below by commenting about christmas n new year quotes.